CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

2008년 4월 24일 목요일

Mood - Fahrenheit 451



The mood is how the author shows the story and how the reader feels during reading the story. For me, I felt quite happy in the beginning when it said about a place without book, well because I do not have that much interest in reading books. But as I read through the story and also thought about what would it be like to live a world like that, suddenly a sad mood came in. the trigger was the death. While the story was presented, there were a lot of death or attempts of deaths, such as that the Old Woman was burned, Mildred attempted suicide, Clarisse died, Mildred betraying Guy, and so on. Just like other readers, it was a very sad moment for me also.
The most suspenseful part in the book was when Betty was in Guy’s house, and when Guy found out that the alarm was coming from his own house. In the first part, it was very suspenseful because of the fact that it was just after Mildred, Guy’s wife found out about the book that he hid, and was just about to say something to Betty who was visiting Guy, worried about the incidence that happened during the work today, where the lady with the book burnt herself with the books. The part where Guy found out that the alarm was from his house was suspenseful also, because as a reader, I already knew everything, also that there was suppose to be a book in Guy’s house. I was also quite mad when I figured that it was Mildred, Guy’s wife who told the firemen about the books.
Well, so, this book is full of suspense and thrill, just like the movie SAW. This help the readers to read and stay focused on the book. For me, I enjoyed this book a lot.

0 개의 댓글: